Saturday, February 6, 2010

Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream

Happy Monday everyone!
Here in Philadelphia we have accumulated quite the amount of snow! I've heard that this is the second biggest snow storm in the city's history! However, all this snow and cold weather can definitely irritate the delicate skin on your face, which is why I'd like to introduce you to a fabulous facial cleanser....Burt's Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream! I stumbled upon this treasure when I discovered that one of my former roommates used it (and had flawless skin as a result). After hearing only great things about it from her, I decided to give it a go! I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical at first, because all natural facial cleansers (especially of the drug store variety) tend to have a reputation for not being as effective as their chemical laden counterparts. However, this cream cleanser has made me a believer!

*picture from the Burt's Bees website

I spent last summer having to assess the skin needs of various clients at the spa I worked at and I would have to say that this cream would be great for any type of skin! Cream cleansers are wonderful for dry skin in general, because they add moisture. However, this cream also does a great job of absorbing excess oil from oily skin. On days when my skin feels more dry, Burt's Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile cleansing cream adds enough hydration but on days when I feel a little more oily, it takes away the excess oil without stripping my skin of moisture. As someone with fairly sensitive skin, I felt good about using this cleanser because of the chamomile ingredient (known for its amazing powers to calm and soothe irritated and sensitive skin).

The one downside to this cream is that I find it doesn't consistently remove all of my makeup. I often times end up with a little bit of foundation left, but this can be easily remedied if you use a gentle wash cloth or facial shammy with the correct amount of product on it when washing your face.





The smell is also just strong enough to be invigorating for morning usage, but not so potent that it is overwhelming as an evening cleanser. Something about the combination of botanicals in this cream makes it smell so delicious that I want to wash my face more than I should! This Burt's Bees wonder is also wallet friendly, and costs around $8 (which is a little more expensive than your typical drugstore brands, but for a natural pick that contains no chemicals, it is far less expensive than its upscale counterparts). The bottle is also large enough that the amount of product would last about two to three months, if you used it diligently in the morning and evening.

As you can see from the picture, it has a very creamy consistency but is not too thick and easily spreadable. You can also see that I've tested it on my wrist. This is a great way to sample a new facial product and is most important for those of you with extremely sensitive skin. Testing any new product on your face might result in redness and irritation, and it is better to use the sensitive skin on your wrist, which can be easily covered up in the case of undesirable side effects.

A few other key points about this product:
-Won't clog pores
-pH Balanced
-Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate Free
-Paraben Free

If you want to learn more specifics about this product, please use this link: http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/face-cleansers/soap-bark-chamomile-deep-cleansing-cream.html

I've been using this product for almost two months and I can definitely see an improvement in my skin. It does a great job of helping reduce blemishes and my skin feels so soft and smooth after using it. All of Burt's Bees products are cruelty free, which make me feel even better about using them! If you've been looking for a natural, well-priced, cruelty free yet effective facial cleanser, look no further because Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream is just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment